5.30.2008

HOLY cow, I'm headed to the HOLY land!!!

Well...my picture explains my emotions the past 24 hours! I've been absolutely crazy busy with school, and then I heard some WONDERFUL news...I'm going to study in Jerusalem in less than four weeks!!! I'm sure most of you knew I applied and was put on a waiting list, but by some miracle I got bumped all the way to the top, and now I'm getting the opportunity of a lifetime. I go back and forth between being overly excited and scared out of my mind, but in the long-run I know I'm going to absolutely love it over there. It's been crazy to realize how much I have to get done before I leave the U.S. but I'm not anticipating it being too rough. I've been anxiously awaiting the end of Spring Term here at BYU because I felt I "desperatley needed a break from school"...but apparently that's not going to happen. The program in Jerusalem is supposedly quite rigorous, but I'm ready for anything. I think I'm still in shock with this new change of plans, but I really can't wait to learn and see all about the places Christ lived. I've heard nothing but great things about it, so I'm hoping I'll have the same experiences.

I guess I should also update what's been going on in my life these past few weeks, since I've been extremely inconsistant with my blog. We just had a family reunion last weekend up at Bear Lake with the Anderson's, and it was AMAZING. It was so nice to get away from a few days and spend some quality time with my family. Jake and Bev planned the entire thing, and did an incredible job (thanks again, you two!) It was sad to see everyone go, but we had a great weekend full of laughter and fun.

Down in Provo, I'm still officiating kickball and softball. I'm starting to really love my job these days, and don't actually mind working every night. The kickball team I'm on for my ward is also still in the tournament (ok...so we've only had one game in tournament...) and we plan to take it all. :) I can't decide if it's funnier watching or playing kickball, but I enjoy both. My roommates even went to extremes and made posters and brought pom-poms. Needless to say, we generally intimidate our opponents with our fanclub before the game even starts. :) Our ward is a hoot, and we've done some fun things this summer together. Chels and I got to go up to the hot springs they have here with a group of people, and it turned out to be quite the adventure. It was an hour hike both ways, and was pitch black by the time we headed to the cars, but thank heavens we had a light-up frisbee to lead the way.

Another thing that's going on is that two of my best friends are getting married this next week...I swear I'm not old enough for this to be happening. Alex gets married on Thursday, and my old roommate Hydee gets married the following day. Crazy! I hosted a shower for Hyd with a few of our high school girlfriends, and we had a great time catching up on the latest gossip of Davis County. :) It's weird to think that these two girls are actually getting hitched, but I'm so happy for them both. Luckily I love both the guys they're marrying, or I'd feel like I was getting replaced with "unworthy opponents". Ha ha. Anyway - congrats to you guys.

Also, the beloved "Ella Good Shave Ice" shack is back!!! It's approximately a block away from my apartment, and I'm afraid it's right on the way to campus...so I visit quite frequently. My roommates and I decided to save our cups and stack them in the window to see how many times we go this summer, so we'll see how many windows we can fill. It's delicious, and super cheap too. I 100% recomment it!!!

I'm not sure what else there is to write about, and I'm thinking I should head to bed here sometime soon. School is coming to an end (HOORAY!) and I'm getting a little excited to be donw with these two classes. Summer is already flying, but at times it doesn't go fast enough. Aaron is coming out for Alex and Jake's wedding, and it'll be incredibly good to see him again :)





My work attire...do I look like a softball pro or what?



Cami and Abbie came to one of our kickball games - Abs was freezing, but she told me she wants to play kickball once she enrolls in BYU...I'll gladly teach her everything she needs to know.



The all-star team, in the flesh!



Up at the hot springs - the picture's not the greatest because it was super dark, but we had a great time...I can still smell the sulfur.

Party on!!! Our "slumber party" was a blast.

Summer's here!!! This was our first official visit of the season, followed by many more (Chels and I went again today...) And don't ask about the guy in the background...I have no idea who that is. Gotta love Provo :)

3 comments:

The Caldwells said...

your post is so cute! i loved it. ps, i'm starting to get excited for you to head to jerusalem... i'm sure by the time you go i'll be totall on board! can't wait to see you today for alex's shower.

Dan & Ruth said...

I love it when you update your blog. When are you going to teach me how to work my blog so I can update it?

Anonymous said...

Tara, we are excited for your trip to Jerusalem. What a great opportunity! I love the pictures you posted. Shaved ice is the best. Love ya