8.19.2009

confessions of a movieholic


I have a confession. I absolutely love Sandra Bullock. Not in a weird way - but I think she is a great actor (the term "actress is apparently now politically incorrect because it differentiates between men and women...lame) and she does an incredible job in her films. She is the lead actress (I don't care, I'm still using it) in my all-time favorite movie While you were Sleeping, and I love just about everything she stars in. I saw this movie and thought it was great (minus the scandy part that seems to make it's way into EVERY so-called "good" movie these days). But that's not my full proclamation. My real confession regarding this heart-throbbing romance is that I went to the theater to see it with me, myself and I. Yep, ladies and gentlemen...that's right. I went to a movie ALONE. It's something I've been dreaming of doing for quite some time, and the opportunity presented itself nicely one evening when I realized my schedule was more than free. What a blessing ;) For those of you who are thinking I'm completely crazy to solo a movie, maybe try it out for yourself. There's something liberating about walking out of a good flick by your lonesome, realizing that although you haven't yet found your fairytale ending, someday it'll come. And even if it doesn't, at least you have enough guts and security to fantasize about it in a movie theater by yourself. How's that for liberating???

Oh, and another quicky confession...while we're on the topic. I find Ryan Reynolds (pictured below) quite sexy and irresistable. Oh how I'd love to be Sandra Bullock for a day. Spending time with this beautiful man. Someday...someday.

5 comments:

The Caldwells said...

too bad he's married to scarlett johanson :) congrats on flying solo to a movie. sounds like something i should try!

tara said...

i'm surprised you haven't yet... :) ha ha. do it. you'd love it. maybe a movie with hannah montana in it...?

The Caldwells said...

most likely not a movie with hannah montana in it...

Chelsie said...

I've been wanting to do that but both Mom and Brian won't let me. They say it's pathetic. Nice post Tara!

XC/T&F said...

Hey, Tara. I've soloed my entire life. It's not that bad.

Great pictures of Timp. I need to make the trek before I turn 100.

Old Coach